Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
I am generally the stereotypical mom/teacher whose immune system is strong and doesn’t have time to be sick. ;) Well, some crud came and hit the whole family hard this week. During the worst day for all of us, I was scheduled to take dinner to a friend, which I loved doing (no complaints). But after teaching sick kiddos all day, cooking their dinner, and delivering it, I was spent and so were they. Again, not complaining, this is just leading up to my mommy failure. It was just about six on our way home and I was debating dinner for us. My mind, nose and head were clogged and so we pulled into the grocery store where I proceeded to buy packaged sodium. For those of you who know me, this is not my style, but sometimes something has to give. And I felt extremely guilty laying down the made for kid tv dinners, as well as donuts for the next morning. But, such is life. And the kids love donuts!!! :)
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
Lori was so sweet to nominate me for the One Lovely Blog Award! It was a surprise to me and made me smile. You should check out her blog at http://lorischulz.wordpress.com/. She has a variety of nice topics to read about.
In accepting this award, there are a few rules to follow:
Rules (One Lovely Blog Award):
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules and display the award image.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Things About Me
1. I generally try not to reveal too much personal information on my blog, because I am a little paranoid about personal information on the internet.
2. I love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and pray that people stop turning away from Him.
3. I am a stay at home mom who homeschools and wouldn’t trade it!
4. I enjoy baking and decorating or creating interesting desserts!
5. I also enjoy photography, especially taking pictures of scenery and my kids. Sometimes I wish I could be a baker and photographer. ;)
6. I am blessed to have an amazing family…immediate and extended!
7. I am constantly researching new fitness trends and diets…trying to get certified as a personal trainer as well.
Here are my 15 nominations:
Thanks again Lori! I would nominate you, too, but wasn’t sure if that was against the rules…haha!
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
“This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
The world is a mess. I don’t know of many people who deny that. Morals have become distorted, God is forbidden in some places (apparently by those who think He can be told what to do), and people are more selfish than they have ever been it seems. In the midst of the craziness our job is to TRUST HIM.
We trust Him in our lives, with our marriages, with our children, with our homes and our jobs. We need to TRUST HIM. That does not mean that our lives will go exactly as we want them to go. He has warned us in His Word that we will have trouble in our lives. It does mean that when everything falls apart we still trust that He is good all the time.
When families crumble, when people leave, when children die, when loved ones do not turn to Him, when commitments are broken, when our hearts our broken, we still hold onto His promises that …
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
In this world that is a crazy mess, He has already overcome. Our job is to trust Him, to let His light shine and to take as many people as we can to Heaven with us…where the pain will stop…where we will be forever if we know Him and follow His ways.
I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.