Welcome to my 200th post! I had taken a little break from the daily blogging to spend some quality time with family and such. But now I am back for my 200th post (plus a couple extras a snuck in right before adding this one). And so that being said here are some things that I have learned since blogging, not because of my blog, but just because God is allowing me to learn and I am blessed by Him!
* God is more than enough! Of course I have known this for awhile, but He continues to remind me gently, and yes boldly sometimes, that He is the center of everything and I only need Him, His approval, His blessings, His gifts.
* Family is everything (after God). Again, something I have known, but as each day passes I cherish more and more the moments with my family…immediate and extended. These are the people that live life with you and the people that share the best memories with you (along with the hardest struggles)… and the people I hope to spend eternity with someday.
* Some of my friends are as close as family and so all that I wrote in the previous paragraph applies.
* Stuff is burdensome. Again, already known, again, each day I realize more and more. I want to instill in my kids right now how silly stuff can be…but they are so young. I loved my family when I was their age, just like they love theirs, but they do love their prize possessions as well. I hope they learn (and really know) earlier than later that their most prized possessions are Our Lord and Savior and the people He put in our lives.
* My body is what it is and if it changes, it doesn’t change what is inside. This is an enormous lesson learned…and still being learned. I am not a big person, but I have my areas of complaint physically. I have gone down and back up 20 pounds in the last 3 years, but I was ok before losing the weight. Now that I am back up, even though I know I am ok, I still struggle with wanting to be less. I am battling the fact that I can eat almost anything I want and stay at the size I am at now, which is not a bad size, but may not be the healthiest choice in the world. OR I can eat a lot less and go down a size, but I would look a little better and be a lot healthier. Being an active person tempts me to want to just stay at my size, so that is my daily struggle. Wow…see you can tell I am still learning, but at the end of the day I know my husband loves me either way, I am pretty healthy either way, and I should be working more on changing the inside of me.
* It is just as hard to change the inside of a person as it is to change the outside and it is SO MUCH more important to focus on the inside. Old habits die hard and are not easy to forego.
* Only the red ICE drinks explode when you open them…the others don’t…why is that? (I had to throw something light in my life lessons rambling…but it is true).