- I am assuming that all the people criticizing the parents (whose child was ripped away from them by an alligator they never saw coming, who they watched leave them never to come back as they fought desperately to hold on)…I am assuming these criticizers never took their children swimming (or wading) in the ocean where with or without signs we know there are sharks in great quantities.
- Wondering why Christianity is such a big deal to those who don’t agree with it. Why are you so desperate to throw Jesus out of everything, to get rid of God from a country built on His laws? Fear is the only answer to that question. What are you afraid of?
- Why is it that the president felt it so desperate to leave his family vacation to talk to the country (or scold us…tsk tsk) about “global warming” but wouldn’t leave a baseball game when terrorists attacked Brussels?
- Why are most people still convinced that guns are the enemy instead of the people shooting them? And why are they convinced that if we ban them the people who shouldn’t have them now, will suddenly not be able to get ahold of them when more laws are put in place…and the ones who are safe with them will be left defenseless?
I don’t know what these questions spark in you, but in me it seems like we all (yes I include myself, even if not on these specific issues) are desperate to find someone to blame for every tragedy, accident, or uncool thing that happens in our lives. Let’s start to look at ourselves before looking at another. Let’s have some personal responsibility for what we do or say. Let’s start thinking before adding to drama or trauma. Let’s put blame where it is due…because yes, if a mass shooting occurs we should blame the shooter, but if a lightning bolt strikes a man on a golf course 3 states away from where his parents live, we should not blame the parents for raising him to get hit by lightning. And let’s turn to a God who loves us instead of running away from Him. If that’s not your kind of thing, give it a shot, just for a day…take all your problems to God. Let’s band together and really know what we are fighting for or against, and who is with us and who is against us.
So I had my little rant earlier this week in the disappointment of the election. I had to get it out. I know God is in charge, He is sovereign, He is King. I take great comfort in that. It makes the whole mess of the world much easier to take. 🙂
Phillips Craig and Dean put it perfectly in their song “You Are God Alone”
As of late I think that the citizens of the USA are like the Israelites wandering around the desert. Even though God is providing for them daily, they cannot seem to put their faith in Him fully and are quick to run for other answers. I believe that this election is going to teach 2 different sides of the country 2 different things. 1…those who refuse to believe in Him and see Him in their lives and ignore His ways will quickly or eventually come to realize how much they are wasting without Him. 2…those who love the Lord their God with all their hearts and souls and mind will lay all their trust on Him in the times to come and not rely on the government (some rely on government the same way the people of Israel relied on Moses. God is our only hope…our only answer…our only strength.
I am going to still talk about issues of the election because I still think they are important…crucial even. If we can continue to pray for our leaders it is still possible to see some kind of change. I pray that our leaders hearts may break for the Lord, that they may be convicted and that they may use their voice for good.
In terms of war….I want to be defended. I know the sacrifice these men and women make and I am indebted to them. They want our country defended, too, that is why they (mostly) do what they do.
In terms of the poor…I heartily agree that we need to help anyone who is without money or food or love…but I do NOT agree that we need to give handouts to those who use them for things that don’t help them get ahead in life. I see so many people work SO hard to support themselves and their family. Sadly, I also see a lot of people that wait for the free money and waste it on frivolous or illegal items.
In terms of abortion…I hate it. I believe fully that it is murder. Even taking that MAJOR point aside…if you don’t want me to tell you not to have sex, then do not even try to tell me you want my tax dollars to go toward your abortion.
In terms of children…I want my children to love all people despite their beliefs. I want my children to stand up for their own beliefs. I do not want my children to bully or be bullied for believing what they believe. I think that is soon to go away. They are already expected to be tolerant while there is no expectation of others to be tolerant of them.
That is shorter and sweeter than my rant.
Keep praying…keep hoping…keep believing that God is God Alone.
Just a few questions…if you can offer some logical answers I would love to hear! 🙂
* Why should my children be raised to not be proud of their country? Isn’t that what are leaders are portraying if they are making excuses for those killing our people and burning our flag? Shouldn’t we be raising our children to stand up for their beliefs?
* When Hillary Clinton spoke of our country’s tolerance with all religions from its start, did she remember that our country was built on Christian values? Did she think that she just may be more tolerant of the attackers on our soil than many were to the owner of Chick Fil A?
* If these attackers truly attacked because of this film (which no one really knows) isn’t that proving the film’s point?
Leaders of this country…I want my children to grow up in a country that has enough defense funds to protect them. I want my children to grow up in a country where they do not need to apologize for being American or for flying a flag on American soil. I want my children to grow up in a country where they can continue to praise God and not be thought of as evil for being a Christian. Leaders of this country…how do you plan to protect our freedoms?