So I failed and ate bread today, which led me to crave more sugar, which led me to an utter failure in my calories intake and being sugar free. I found out some interesting things though…
1. I am not throwing in the towel BUT I am not starting my 30 days over either. Today can go away and tomorrow will once again be day 9.
2. My weigh in day was supposed to be Monday, but I did it today…before cheating…and…no change. I was pretty bummed, but actually not too surprised since my clothes haven’t changed in how they fit. By Day 34 I was hoping to be almost done with this weight loss and I am still at the same weight as when I started.
3. Eating no added or unnatural sugars and living on lots of fruits, veggies and nuts must have shrunk my stomach a bit, because it was not ready for the sugar gorging that took place. My stomach also doesn’t feel so well right now, so maybe that will help me to get immediately back on track tomorrow.
4. My body fat percentage is happily set in the athletic category and has gone down a touch, so despite my weight staying the same, my body fat is going down.
5. I can not eat just one of anything I have been denying my body…hence the downfall.
That’s all for today…am workout was 4 miles on elliptical and pm workout was weight training.
So I screwed up today. I feel great…because I had some awesome treats. But, I feel horrible…because I blew it. I went the WHOLE DAY eating so well! I was hungry and beat my hunger all day. I was doing so well that I was on target for staying below 1500 calories. And…all I wanted was to end the day with a bowl of cereal. Of course we don’t have any cereal in the house (because I would eat it…duh). So I found some graham crackers and the next hour went down hill…big time…fast! erg!
To top it off, despite my intentions, I did weigh myself today. There was hardly any progress in weight. 😦 However, I also determined my bmi and my body fat percentage. Even though I won’t admit my weight yet, I will give my BMI to be 20.5 and my body fat percentage is all in athletic categories…so that is good.
Saturday is my real weigh day, so hopefully I can do better than I have been and make some real progress. I know not much between now and Saturday but hopefully I can make some long term gains.
Today is also my light day for working out…Wednesdays are light and Sundays are off completely. I did the lightweight Linda Crossfit this morning. I really like that…but really need to add some weight. I may do some booty and thigh exercises this evening, because that is my trouble area. Yesterday, I saw some pictures of me…from the past…when I weighed 20 pounds lighter and also current pictures. I will admit that I didn’t look good when I was 20 pounds lighter. But I will also admit that no matter how you look 20 pounds lighter…gaining 20 pounds is hard. And seeing myself now with meat on my bones will take some getting used to. My body is different now…I have more muscle, which is good, but it is not all muscle and it is not the skinny, fragile, feminine look.
Bit I digress…even with the extra weight being hard to get used to, and even with the knowing that I need to lose some, I have to say I like having a little bit of muscle. As long as my hubby is ok with me and I start going in the right direction all will be well.
I will be back for a normal food and exercise report tomorrow.