We recently hosted a Christmas party and had about 100 guests. I LOVE this party! It is a lot of prep, but I just love that so many families gather together.
Here are some fun desserts (you all know I enjoy making desserts!)
rice krispy trees
pumpkin cakes and cookies, chocolate covered oreos, peppermint white chocolate brownies, Happy Birthday Jesus cake
Pumpkin bundt cake
For more spice than pumpkin use about 1/8th of a cup less pumpkin and do 5 dashes of all the starred spices except cinnamon…use 1.5-2 tsp of that. 1 cup margarine or butter tastes better than oil.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon*
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice*
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg*
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger*
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled or 1 cup vegetable oil
- One 15-ounce can solid packed pumpkin or fresh puree
- 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour bundt cake pan. In a large bowl with a wire whisk, combine first set of ingredients. In a small bowl, combine last set of ingredients. Hand whip until combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Pour into prepared bundt cake pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
I used this frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
Mix ingredients to make the glaze while cake is baking. Let cool completely. Drizzle with glaze. Use enough milk to get to consistency of drizzle
SO SO SO SO GOOD! Especially with cheddar cheese on top and a side of tortilla chips. 🙂
SLOW COOKER VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN PUMPKIN CHILI
- 3 15-ounce cans black beans, drained
- 2 14.5-ounce cans plain diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 cups diced yellow onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- Assorted toppings of your choice like shredded cheddar or jack cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, or our favorite topping for this chili, Tapatio sauce
- Add all ingredients to a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir.
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours.
- Serve with assorted toppings.