Christmas break officially ended today! School began, work began, routines began. While it is fun to be on break, there is something to be said about routines too. It makes the down time more appreciated in the least. My workouts were few and far between during break, so I started 2 30 day challenges yesterday. 1 is a 30 day ab flattener found on the Cassey Ho website. The other is a 30 day arm challenge found on shrinkingjeans.net Completing both takes under 5 minutes, but it is a quick strengthening tool to add to my “what should be normal” workout routine. 😉 Check them out and let me know if you are doing them along with me. 🙂
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” 3 John 1:2 (NIV)
I have another favorite inner thigh exercise:
“hurts so good”
I also have another favorite low calorie drink:
Special K Protein Water mix…only 30 calories per packet and is protein and yummy. 🙂
And my 6 year old still has her baby belly a little bit, but since we have been eating less processed foods…it is starting to go away. I am not at all at all at all interested in how much she ways, she is a kid, but it was just an interesting note to our healthier eating.
Last night my awesome cousin and her husband took us to an awesome champagne bar! Very cool. I am not a big drinker, but I do like champagne, so ordered a champagne cocktail with strawberry something in it. SO GOOD! Then also ordered a scrumptious s’mores crepe…may be the best thing I ever ate. I seriously wanted to move the place into my basement.
Because of that and the birthday party we had prior to, my foot was not wrapped at all yesterday and I am feeling it today. I feel so old between the tendinitis and the food allergies or whatever is making my body react, but the fact that neither is serious is awesome…can’t keep me down. 😉 No complaining…really…when I was on the elliptical the other morning after the sermon I was listening to they showed a clip of a girl that was sold into human trafficking. The degrees of suffering in this world are so great…I was reminded again that I have no right to be upset about little things in life…at least not dramatically upset…a little frustration may come out at times. No use creating drama when there is enough real drama in the world already.
And my tangent post is done, but if you have a champagne bar anywhere in your vicinity, I would highly recommend!
Just some random-ness for Wednesday.
* Did you ever wonder why we are satisfied going out to eat with a main course, a side or two and maybe a dessert, but when we cook for friends or family we find it necessary to make 1-2 main dishes, half a dozen sides and at least one dessert?
* Why is it that 65 degrees feels pleasant outside, chilly inside and unbearable in the water?
* What was the homeless man seeking? We tried to give him food and he rejected it.
* Why does it make me sad to be labeled healthy and hearty instead of skinny? Is it possible to be skinny and strong at the same time?
* When you are able to talk to your friends about very personal and potentially yucky health things does it make you close or does it make you old?
And this is not a question, but too sweet not to share. My little girl said the other day…
“If I had 2 hearts I could love Jesus twice as much”
Also when talking of potential birthday plans (which is FAR away) she said, “I love doing fun girly things.”