Life has been a bit of a whirlwind since school has started, but here are a few things that have been happening:
* My husband and I are in a bible study with some of our friends, Sacred Marriage, and it is so refreshing to be in a room filled with people who are married and want to be married. 🙂
* Without babysitting 2 little ones, and now being in a routine with school, I have a lot more time to just be with the kids uninterrupted.
* In the craziness of work, higher education, school and kid schedules, date nights are wonderful! 🙂
* I began reading “Undaunted, The Josh McDowell Story” and while it is a difficult read so far, I have high hopes of it being a great book!
* I am looking forward to going to see “Unbroken” after Christmas. If you have not read it yet…read it!!!!
* Minnie Driver may be the best actress ever…I am watching “Return to Zero” as I type and it is incredibly well made. For those of you who don’t know about the movie, it is about a couple whose baby was stillborn. It is based on a true story. I haven’t seen this issue portrayed since ER did an episode on it. They depicted it very well, also. Amazingly, in the ER episode “Midnight” the situation was almost identical to mine…even down to the baby’s name.
* My kids ran their first mud race and it was awesome!!!!
That’s all the updates for now!
Enjoy the weekend!
We had a pretty fun weekend 🙂 The kids went to pack Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes at church. I LOVE OCC! And I love even more that the church is including the youth to partake in giving to other children all over the world. The kids had a great time serving and loving from afar!
We also had my daughter’s birthday. I am not sure if I have ever seen her so excited! She loved every single second of her day and went to sleep happily engrossed in one of several books she received for her special day. This is her cake:
I love how frosting can cover up fondant mistakes. I did run out of frosting, so had to improvise on the back.
I stayed away from the yellow dye of the cake, but was cursed by the crescent rolls! I never even checked the ingredients on those! I am currently an itchy mess. 😉
Also found out that vanilla may come from a certain place on a beaver…gross! (Thanks a lot source of info…you know who you are. 😉 ) http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/10/01/beaver-butts-emit-goo-used-for-vanilla-flavoring/
I am choosing to forget that piece of knowledge and hope beyond hope that most still use the good old vanilla bean in making vanilla extract.
My daughter’s friend party is in just a couple days…time to start preparing.